Wednesday and Thursday November 8-9
Over these two days, the following representatives:-
- Mr Adrian Camm - Director of Teaching and Learning. The Geelong College - Victoria
- Dr Brad Merrick - Director of the Barker Institute. Barker College - NSW
- Mr Ben Evans - Director of Teaching and Learning. Prince Alfred College - SA
- Dr Greg Cunningham - Director of Teaching and Learning. Barker College - NSW
- Mr Graham Lawson - Head of Catalyst. Guildford College - WA
- Dr Terry Byers - Director of Innovation in Learning. Churchie - QLD
met to discuss emerging trends in educational practice, research and approaches to curriculum, assessment and teacher development.
Each of the various Directors from the five schools shared their insight and current roles within their learning communities, and over the two days there was great deal of commonality evident albeit with a consistent sense of system based nuance in the way various schools were operating.
It was evident during the course of the meeting that there is a heightened emphasis on the development, tracking and use of data for both student learning and teacher development, combined with a heightened awareness of the need and importance of developing staff capacity through a coaching and the ongoing use of reflective practice.
Possible areas to develop collaborative projects for research in the future were also discussed, as a means of drawing on the collective capacity of the group and the various schools involved. Next year's meeting will be hosted by PAC in term 4 and those involved look forward to developing regular contact in the year ahead as we work to develop the role of this Giraadji group.
We thank the respective Heads of the Schools involved for supporting this initiative and look forward to continuing this collaboration in the year ahead.